Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/weinstei/public_html/tiltuesday/ttforum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
tiltuesday.net • View topic - Aimee Mann in Austin

tiltuesday.net

Discussion about Til Tuesday and more!
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aimee Mann in Austin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:07 am 
Regular

I went to see Aimee Mann play in Austin today, and it was great. I was all of 10 feet from her and got some good pictures and videos.
I hadn't heard a lot of her solo stuff, and I ended up liking it quite a bit more than I expected to. Some of the songs, to my ear, had a very "80s" keyboard sound here and there. Unfortunately, she didn't play any TT songs, despite my urgings from the peanut gallery.
She was very gracious with the audience and seemed to be enjoying herself. I stuck around after the show and actually got to meet her as she signed autographs and took pictures. (She's quite tall -- around 5'9".) Anyway, I was able to ask her about the potential for a TT reunion. Her reply was that she wasn't really interested, but she hedged a bit by saying "you never know." It didn't sound very likely to me that it will happen.
It's unfortuate for TT fans, but if she feels that part of her personal and musical life is behind her, that's the way it is. On the other hand, I still believe rather selfishly that a TT song or two should make its way into her sets. And I don't mean only Voices Carry. There are several songs that are every bit as good as her solo stuff that would be a real treat to hear.

CaptA

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Aimee Mann in Austin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Wow that's cool.

But yea I think she was just being polite and is not interested in a reunion. So it's up to the rest of us to continue to carry the torch and keep the faith!

:guitar1:

Profile E-mail