[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
tiltuesday.net • View topic - Nice Live Recordings!

tiltuesday.net

Discussion about Til Tuesday and more!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nice Live Recordings!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:41 pm 
Regular

I've been browsing the site -- nice effort. Particularly interesting to me are the live TT rarities. I think they're really, really good.
Does anyone think there will be another TT release at some point, hopefully incorporating such unpublished gems and extended tracks?

Capt. A

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nice Live Recordings!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 pm 
Fan

That would be great--but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. The first two albums were released this year as budget priced cds--actually Welcome Home is coming out on April 1st--probably not a good sign. I doubt there are plans for remastered and expanded versions, which is what I would like to hear. A compilation of rarities would be great, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 pm 
Regular

There are several songs posted on Youtube, one or two of which seem to be unreleased in album form. The quality is extremely good.

Capt. A

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:10 pm 
Fan

I took the audio from the YouTube videos and burned them to disc. I'd really like to have the first two albums, re-released with bonus tracks. It looks like they had many good songs that would have been great to have on another official album. My favorite is "Boy". It's so good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:03 pm 
Angry Young Bee

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:12 pm 
Regular

Compare this to the ongoing Police reunion. Sting without question has had a far more successful solo career post-Police than Aimee Mann post TT. However, the Police reunion tour seems to be going quite well. I doubt that it will impact Sting's solo career in any negative way any more than a TT tour would impact Aimee Mann's. If anything, a TT tour and the associated publicity would probably help her career at this point.
I suspect that the reasons are more personal than professional. Maybe she just wants to put that part of her life behind her. I can't say I necessarily agree with it, but certainly it's Ms. Mann's choice and I don't begrudge her that.
What should happen in the absence of any possible reunion is release of new/live material. There seems to be enough high-quality stuff to make it artistically valid rather than one of the usual "release another greatest hits collection of previously released stuff plus one unreleased song" cash-ins. I hate that.
Based on what I've heard on this site plus youtube, I think it would be feasible to release a 2-CD set. Disc 1 unreleased studio songs, disc 2 live stuff.
Make the fans happy and make some money -- its a win-win.

Capt. A

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 am 
Angry Young Bee

Capt A !

Well put! I think you are right on the money here...in every way.

Without it being said, I suspect just a wee bit of frustration among
the 'tt bandd members who would cherish the opportunity to get
back together vs. those who don't.

We can only hope-
Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:46 pm 
Regular

This could also be an issue of rights.
It's possible that the band does not even own the rights to their music. In that case, a new release a)would not be the band's decision and b)would not benefit the band financially.
Likewise, if they no longer own the rights, the primary beneficiary of a reunion tour might well be the rights-holder and not the band.
If such is the case it's understandable that Aimee Mann isn't interested given her history of conflict with labels. If there's someone who talks to a bandmember on occasion, ask who owns the rights to their songs.

Capt. A

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:29 pm 
Fan

I thought it might be more personal reasons, too. But that part about who owns the rights could be true also. Makes sense. I am glad to hear that two of the members are still interested in 'TT. Oh it would have been great to see them on Bands Reunited!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:48 pm 
Angry Young Bee

....me thinks it might be a little of both.....50/50....I don't know that for sure though.

We have certainly seen bands that said they would never, ever play together again do just that.

Evidence: original members of the band "The Eagles" stated that "hell would freeze over before they toured together as a band".....

Fast forward 20 years or so we get the "Hell Freezes Over Tour" ! :P

Hey , at least they have a sense of humor about it!

Ed

Profile E-mail