tiltuesday.net

Discussion about Til Tuesday and more!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELLO OUT THERE IN tt LAND!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:22 pm 
Angry Young Bee

Cool -

A website where I can perhaps locate some other tt fans! Thank you David for taking the tinme to create this forum.

I personally saw tt perform live 50-55 times back in the 1980's. I miss seeing them live very much. i am reduced to live audio tapes and some video footage that was shot back then. I still see Robert Holmes on a regular basis with his coverband - Love Bomb - and we always talk and laugh about the 80's.

I hope I am not alone here.....

lets hear tt fans!
Eddie from Revere

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: HELLO OUT THERE IN tt LAND!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Wow Eddie from Reveeah that's amazing 50 times!!!! That must've been over years. I think I saw them about a dozen times during the 84/85 time period. It's cool you can now go and see Robert's band and talk to him. I'd love to see them but moved away from New England two years ago. Maybe you can get some footage with a digital camera and I can post it?! Or put it on youtube like everything else these days!

Anyway I know there are a lot of other TT fans around the world and Boston music fans out there in general so hoping they stop by at some point. If I build it. . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:57 pm 
Angry Young Bee

Yup David, 50 shows over the course of ....oh, lets say from the end of 1983 til mid 1986.

I was hooked from the very first set ....I couldn't beleive how good they were.

I was addicted to seeing them play live often seeing them 3 nights in a row.

As for RH, he is an awesome individual. Very friendly and polite with a tremendous sense of humor! I never got to meet him during the tt days and always wondered what he was like in person. When I finally got that chance - 22 years after first seeing him - ,I was not letdown.

I suggested a tt re-union and he is all for it....unfortunately, Aimee is NOT!

Lovebomb is playing near me next weekend....I'll try and get some footage.

Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 pm 
New in town

Eddie - Can you post some dates that Love bomb will be playing. I used to get an email from RH but for some reason they don't come to me anymore. I have a great story about talking with RH one day. I'll have to start a new topic and gon through the whole story.

Wheelman

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:20 pm 
Angry Young Bee

No problem Wheelman-

Here is an update from RH himself!

From: "Robert Holmes" <lovebombband@comcast.net> Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Keene Moose
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:28:26 -0500

Hi, sorry, our date at the Keene Moose this saturday is not going to
happen, they had to cancel.......they thought they already had
cancelled in fact.

Next few dates;

Feb 8th Moles Eye in Bratt, VT

Feb 9th Stratton VT. Fundraiser

Feb 15th Route 63, Millers Falls MA

March 7th Moles Eye

March 8th McCues in Keene NH

I usually try to make a show a month (Rt 63)

see ya!
Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:21 pm 
Angry Young Bee

Oh yeah....lets hear the RH story !

Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:03 pm 
New in town

Ed-

Thanks for sending along the LB show dates.

The story I have about RH goes like this.

I was getting nostalgic about the great music Ultra Blue performed in the late 80's and I was calling around to find out who could have any music if any existed of UB. I called the owner of The Beachcomer in Quincy, he gaveme the name of the guy who managed UB. I called him he said all the stuff he did have was ruined in a fire/flood - whatever. So I started looking on the internet about RH. All I was finding was stuff about TT-not that I was interested about TT b ut I was specifically looking for UB. I was about to give up when I found a bank web site and it had RH's home phone number. I kinda felt really creepy about this because I didn't want to just call Robert up and start going on about being a big fan and all. I kept the number on my desk at work for a while and then one day I said " What the heck" I called it and said " Is this the residence of the Robert Holmes from TT" and the cheery woman on the other end said yes.
I said " Is this Glenda?" she said yes it is. I went on to explain to her how much she and Robert meant to me not only as musicians but people who made an impact on me during that period of my life. She said the Robert was not home but if I left my number she would have him call me back. I gave her my work number and figured I would never hear back from him. Boy was I wrong...Robert called me back a few hours later. We must have chatted for 30 minutes. It was a great call that to this day I have never forgotten. I asked hime about music from UB and how much I regretted noy buying any at there shows. He said he still have hours of their music but it was formatted on DAT and it woould be very laborous to put on CD.
We ended the conversation and he placed me on his list for LB shows. A few months pass and I write Robert an email and explained again the impotance of his music to me and all his fans - I found him to be very humble about how much his fans really care about hearing his great music.He replied back to my email and asked me for my address. A week later I received an envelope with two cd's with a mess of UB songs. I WAS SO AMP'D about this incredible gesture. Robert took time to place all of this music on cd for me and then sent it along with a kind note. He is truly a gentle and kind man who has been given a talent from God.
I truly hoe that someday I will be able to see him and thank him personnaly for the gift of his music.

Best regards,

Wheelman

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:07 pm 
Angry Young Bee

WOW !! That IS a great story!

No doubt about it, RH is a gentleman. What he did for you does not surprise me as he has been very gracious to me as well when it comes to aquiring material.

He has hooked me up more than once already....

I saw tt play @ 50-55 times back in the 1980's...the strange part about it was that , unlike some bar bands who linger around the part in between sets, tt did not.

They preffered to remain amongst themselves in private I guess.

Nor did they do a lot of in between song chatter ...with the audience. I NEVER once, heard RH speak other than when singing.

So, it was awesome to finally - after 23 years - hear RH speak.

And he is a chatter box when the right subject comes along! He is also very funny .

While at a LB gig last summer,in between sets ,my friend informed Robert that it was birthday.

LB came back onstage and informed the crowd that "they had some
very important news to shhare with everyone"!

I thought he was going to announce a tt reunion or something! lol

Instead , he announced my birthday and asked the crowd to join in
as they sang "Happy Birthday" to me...."in the key of G" as RH put it!

He is the best-
Ed

BTW-I'm thinking of going to his Feb RT63 gig in a few weeks. Would you like join me? 781-632-4988

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:28 pm 
New in town

Hey Ed

I hope to someday get a chance to see LB live. I am trying to talk my wife into going to see them in Vermont or Southern NH. I live in Quincy so either way the drive would be a few hours - i think..
Sounds like you have some great stories that need to be told. Did you ever see Ultra Blue at the beachcomber in Quincy? I also went to see tt in the early 80's when they did the Concerts on the Common shows. I also say them at The Orpheum a few times. Boy those were good times for music. I can only feel sorry for the youth of today, they can get to see Hanna Montana and crap bands put together in some board room in Cali. Music sucks now.
Keep up with the postings.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:34 pm 
Angry Young Bee

Wheelman-

No, never saw tt or UB at the Beachcomber. I saw The Lines there several times....New Man as well, but no tt.

I loved that f#*king place! :twisted:

I saw UB at Club III in Somerville a few times....Bunratty's too.

There were so many places to see good live music back then.

I agree with you about the state of "music" today. It blow's and the performers are phonies for the most part.

I am going to see LB in 2 weeks...for he record , I drive out of Revere and it is a 2 hour drive .

best,
Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:41 am 
Site Admin

AWESOME stuff guys!!!!

:guitar:

Profile E-mail