tiltuesday.net

Discussion about Til Tuesday and more!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ultra Blue live
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:37 am 
Site Admin

I saw them at least 15 times over a few years period from like 1988/89 to 1993 or something. They used to play Club 3 a lot. I saw them when they played the Rumble semi-final and finals back in I think 89. I would always take new people to go see them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ultra Blue live
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm 
New in town

David - Great to see you got this forum up and running. It's so funny that I got this from you because I was just listening to the CD you sent me of TT. It's such a great piece of music history. I love how unrehearsed Aimee sounded " Okay we're ready to play now" is how she opened her set - I think J for Jules . I have even found that if you listen closely you can hear a couple of people talking about wanting to leave but they were enjoying the show to much.

I believe the last we corresponded we spoke about me sending you a copy of the CD's that Robert Holmes sent me. Again Great stuff.
My memories go back to seeing Robert,Glenda and the rest of the Ultra Blue band at the Beachcomber/Nostalgis on Wolly Beach in Quincy between 1988 and 1990 ( ? ) It was the best seeing them there because you coulde be ten feet from Robert and watch him play. He's such a great musician and person. Maybe we could try and get him to come on the site for a live chat if it's possible.

Have you heard anything about Love Bomb? He used to send me updates on the shows they were doing, but it doesn't seems like I get them anymore.

I'm looking forward to talking with you. Great job on the site.

peace my friend.

RRR

Profile E-mail